The Path

When life feels like a long haul flight; 

We're all trying to get somewhere, live for somthing bigger or achieve somthing greater. It's very hard to wait, especially if like me, you are currently in a time of uncertainty.  

On Thursday I get my results. Results from exams which have consumed my life for the past two years and have power over the next section of my life. It's frustrating and nerve wracking.  I can see so many different paths to where I could end up but at the same time can barely imagine myself doing them. It's as though the last two years have been me on a long haul flight where I am now approaching the destination.  

It's a real test of faith and I'm trying to appreciate the journey but the journey has been frought with struggles. I know I have grown as a person and strengthened some amazing friendships but a large part of me wishes I had chosen a different path. 

My biggest frustration over this period has been how it completely blocks out everything else. There has been little room to love and pour into others while I have needed constant support with my stress. I want to be a giver, someone who God uses to bless others, but staying in my room revising has robbed me of the joy of giving. 

While refugees fled I revised and while young children starved I comfort ate. 

I think the biggest thing I have learnt is to not let the world revolve around me, yes I need some help and support but do not need everyones undying attention all the time. My work ,though important, can not be my priority in a world that is so hurt and broken, I simply can't just turn my back on the widow and needy because I'm a little busy. 

My challenge to you is to learn from my mistakes. Research and find a charity whose work and ethos fit yours perfectly.  Invest in them, be it time, money or education and let even the most busy and stressful times of your life bear fruit. We have the potential to do so much good for both people and planet. 

Love 
Tasha xx


Comments