Holiday Reflections

Holidays are always fun, especially when enjoyed with friends.

We need breaks and time to relax but being able to travel to beautiful places to relax is a privilege, one which I am currently enjoying.

I've not gone anywhere abroad or fancy, simply somewhere quiet and on the coast. It's a much needed peaceful break after the sensory overload of exams. I'm writing this outside a tent in the sunshine with a  sea view and honestly it feels close to perfection. The sea is a beautiful thing, sometimes gentle and sometimes frightening. It seems so vast and aggressive yet we learnt to conquer it by boat. It is an extensive and thriving habitat for many animals yet one we are polluting with plastic.

This month is Plastic Free July, so as part of the challenge to reduce my plastic so far this holiday I have asked for ice cream cones instead of tubs to avoid waste and the plastic spoon (something which I am able to do as I have no allergies to them but understand is not the case for everyone - has anyone ever tried a reusable tub/ small bowl and their own small spoon? If so please let me know the response and how it went ). I have also brought along my trusty reusable cup which is covering both camping drinks and coffee shops. We are also trying to eat food with less plastic packaging like those in tins. We're not perfect and it's especially difficult when on holiday but we're trying and it's always worth the effort.


Good luck if you are taking up the Plastic Free July challenge and remember that everything you do is whether small or simple is a step in the right direction.

Tasha xx


Comments