Exam Gratitude

Growing through the hard and dull times. 

Thank you for bareing with me in my revision time silence. I've missed writing these posts but exams have been my priority for the last month or so. But now that the exams are over I thought it would be fitting to reflect on what I've learned and experienced in a time which if I'm honest has been frustrating and boring.

The last year of my life has been centered around these exams, I've invested a lot of time and energy into them, in some sense probably more of  me was given to them than should have. However, that's not to say I haven't grown or changed during this long dull time.

Its interesting to reflect on how in a weird way I appreciated the highly structured nature of exams, I didn't enjoy it but I've learnt how to practically and effectively plan my days and weeks in order to complete everything I wanted to, from reading to cooking and working out.  I'm going to continue making rough plans of my day to make the most of my productivity and ensure that I dont get stuck in the post exam limbo.

I've also learnt that I get grumpy and irritable if I stay inside all day. For my sake and the sake of those around me I need to get out and move! Getting outdoors and active is also great for mental and physical health, so this exam season has reminded me how much I love and value the world around me and all it does for me.

Moreover, I discovered while I stressed and worried that my worth is not defined by the grades that I get.  If I do well that will be amazing but I did my best and if I didn't do so well that does not make me any different as a person.  I will still always care about the world and environment, I will still find it exciting when the post arrives and will still be loved and valued.

I hope to return  to more regular posting but we will see how it goes.

Love
Tasha xx




Comments