Lent update

Slow but steady progress

Now that lent is well underway I thought I would give an update as to how my reading effort was going.

I wrote before about how I'd fallen out of the habit of reading, despite being convinced of its incredible power. So it is with a smile I can say that although I may not have been 100% successful I have managed to recreate a healthy near daily reading habit.

The first book I read, and have finished was Dickens 'A Tale of Two Cities'. It was a heavy read but a thought provoking one. What I especially loved was the physical book itself, a battered little hand me down gifted by my family; which to me is beautiful. The front has a note from the 1920's that makes me feel like I'm holding a little piece of history.  This is why second hand books are so amazing,  the story is much more than just than just what is written.

I have now moved on to 'Sustainable Home' by Christine Liu. Despite having only started to read it and having done my own research I am still finding valuable nuggets of tips and info to help me in my aims to live a more sustainable, caring life. For example,  I have read lots into the fashion industry and its impacts but not so much into the furniture industry.

Once I have read this, and hopefully before the end of Easter, I will read 'I Thought There Would Be Cake' by Katherine Welby-Roberts. Sometimes life is tough and I hope to gain some answers to questions surrounding faith, mental health and encouragement.

If you have read or intend to read any of the books I'd love to know what you think.

Tasha xx


Comments