Lent and Literacy

This lent my goal is to read more.

I've mentioned before how much I love to read, both to widen my understanding of the world and give myself a time to relax away from the stresses of the day.

However,  recently my reading time has been slipping from little to non as work and exams take over. This has really been frustrating as I have written before on the importance of taking the time to be relaxed and enjoy the things you want to do. So, I've decided to make the effort to read, in order to look after my mental wellbeing and keep myself sane with all the revision I have to do.

Lent is typically a time of giving up, but it can also be a time of starting something new. In my case working to reinstate a healthy habit. Although not a typically Christian aim, its something I view as important. It requires my time and effort yet is achievable for me in my current situation.  Our lives can not be ruled by work,  we need to find a healthy balance that allows us to focus at our optimum in all areas of our life, from faith to work and relationships.

So this Ash Wednesday I begin my goal of at least a chapter a day. It's not much, but  enough to create a habit and remind myself that my life is more than just exams. No it won't change the world by reading but just maybe it will give me the time to be inspired, act and change my actions or attitudes to more accepting and caring ones. Is that not why many pieces of literature were written? To make us think and change?So again sometimes it's the little things which have the most profound impact.

Tasha xx


Comments