Daffodils

A Yellow Trumpet of Joy 

I love daffodils, they're my favourite flower and have been for a while. I love how bright and cheerful they are, signposting the way to spring. You cant miss their unique trumpet shape or vibrant yellow colour amongst the lightening grey of the sky.

Winter is finally coming to an end and we'll soon be surrounded by sun (hopefully), lambs and chicks.  This joy and  beauty of spring make it by far my favourite season. The first appreances of daffodils are a big part of the suspense before spring.

I get more excited when daffodils enter the shops than I do with Easter eggs! My mum once described them as 'yellow trumpets of joy' and I couldn't agree more. Each just sings of new life and hope, so next time you're out, take a little look around at the daffodils and let them lift your mood. Maybe buy some to keep at your desk and cheer up your room. But please don't pick them, leave them to thrive so that others may enjoy their beauty too.

Here's to the coming spring, may it be a good one!

Tasha xx


Comments