Looking Back; Striding Forward

Goodbye 2018. Hello 2019 !!

This last year has been completely hectic for me but equally as rewarding as it has been challenging.

It's important to remember the good, treasuring the memories to lift your spirits when in a season of low mood and learning from the bad, not letting yourself become defined by it.

One of the things I have struggled with most is the workload. I have been swamped with work and as a result had less time for the things I love and that give me joy. I spoke in an earlier post about how I find walking really helps to reduce my anxiety, but how do you cope when you run out of time for coping  strategies? Well I didn't. So one of the biggest lessons I learnt this year was to ensure, despite the workload, to make time for what I love; to read, exercise, walk and get out my bass guitar.  Once I started to re-incorporate elements of 'me' back into my schedule I felt a lot happier and was probably a lot easier to be around.

Another key lesson this season taught me was to rely on my friends. I love helping, listening to and being there for my friends but friendships are reciprocal and I need to let myself lean on them from time to time. 2018 has brought me some amazing new friendships as well as strengthening old ones which I am very much looking forward to growing further in the new year.

When I look back on 2018 it makes me smile. I've been blessed a lot and grown so much personally.  From a pilgrimage to Lourdes to a Def Leppard concert there has been so much that I will never forget. I got baptised, started my blog and made strides in altering my lifestyle to a more ethical one.

I will never forget 2018 as a defining year in my life and am so excited for 2019, both the joys and trials it may hold.

Wishing you all the best for the coming year,
Tasha xx


Comments