January Blues

Waiting for winter to end.

As the weather remains grey and the rain pours it's easy to get down. Especially when faced with an intensive period of study or work. Like November I find January a tediously long month.

So in order to remain upbeat during the winter and study blues here's a quick guide to how I'm trying to remain healthy, happy and focused on my work. It's as much a set of goals for me as a desicive list of what I've found works for me. I'm human, I'm still struggling but still learning, especially on the motivation front.

1) As I mentioned in the first post of this year it's so important to keep up with coping strategies and fun. Amongst my revision I'm making time for my hobbies, although my time dedication to them is reduced I get to use them as a treat for reaching small milestones. Its important to let yourself have small victories mentally and physically. This is somthing that I personally struggle with until I have completed all my work.

2) Streamline your work space, I like to have my desk clear and my work neatly piled as a direct visual of how well I'm doing. But more importantly I ensure that my houseplants are healthy and in full view of my workspace, I just like house plants so why not make good space for what makes you smile.

3) Keep moving! Its vital to keep exercise in your routine for health reasons.  I still walk every morning, try to move in my work breaks and ensure I schedule workouts into my day so that I don't remain sedentary. Many of my friends know how I hate sitting for too long and feel the need to be both moving and busy throughout the day.

4) Appreciate and accept help.  My family has always been very supportive but getting a surprise support package of fig rolls and chocolate was probably the most motivating part of this week, brightening the dark days with kindness and joy.

5) If something is distracting you (ie probably your phone ) put it away and in another room if necessary!

Find what works for you and stick to it, get your friends to hold you accountable and
challange yourself to see if you can improve your productivity.

Tasha xx

Comments