Personal Gratitude

It's so important to be thankful for both material goods and people.

Recently my life has been incredibly stressful with balancing life and study so I've missed out on taking the time to actually enjoy life. This has served as a lesson for me taking a step back and appreciating where I'm at in the present. No matter how much there is to get there it is never worth losing touch with the world or the people around you.

I'm so lucky to be surrounded by an amazing group of beautiful, unique and supportive individuals. With whom it is a privilege to share in their joys and trials. So while I originally found myself pushing them away I slowly began to realise I needed to pull them closer and rely on their friendship in a way I hope they feel they can rely on me too.

While we focus so heavily on material goods and what we can physically get our hands on, we lose sight of what to be grateful for. I think it's vitally important to expand the practise of gratitude towards the people who are around us. This is what has helped me the most though the last few stressful months. There's nothing quite like knowing you can cry on or cry with people who will not judge or leave.

As suggested by Pick Up Limes  I'm making a list of three things that I am grateful for when I begin to feel down and I find it amazingly helpful as an instant pick me up. Often my list will include a person I'm appreciative of as well as normal everyday things. For example, the roof over my head or the access I have to necessities like sanitation (writing my Bigging up the Bog post has really made me more aware of issues like this and so grateful for the ease of access/security I have) or the fact I am receiving free and empowering education.

So this Christmas and advent, I am thankful for your faith, friends and family.

Who in your life are you most thankful for and have you ever told them?

My sister has always been a rock for me. 


Tasha xx

Comments